Help for CONFCHEM Archives

CONFCHEM Archives

Subject: Peter Rusch: Present definition of the kelvin
From: CCCE ConfChem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 3 May 2017 17:48:22 -0500

To reply: https://confchem.ccce.divched.org/comment/1197#comment-1197 [1]

This quote means that the present definition of thermodynamic temperature is
a fraction of the triple point of water.   That definition also provides the
means of achieving the definition, the mise en practique.  The new
definnition uses the Boltzmann constant and does not also contain the mise en
practique.  Indeed, all of the new definitions are independent of their
respective mise en practique.  My concern about the redefinition of the
kiogram is that the new definition presently relies on the use of a Watt
balance that is a method of achieving the definition.  In my view, that's
not the stated intention of the new definitions;  they are promoted to be
independent of the mise en practique.

Please do Not Reply to this Email.  Reply by going to
https://confchem.ccce.divched.org/comment/1197#comment-1197 [2] and create a
new comment or reply to an existing one.