Help for CONFCHEM Archives

CONFCHEM Archives

Subject: muzyka: Textbook maps and core
From: CCCE ConfChem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 5 May 2017 13:38:19 -0500

To reply: https://confchem.ccce.divched.org/comment/1206#comment-1206 [1]

Delmar,

Thanks for your leadership in creating ChemWiki and teaching numerous
instructors how to develop textbooks for their courses.  The amount of
information encompassed by the LibreText continues to impress me.

I'm wondering if you can explain the relationships between core content for
different subdisciplines and the textbook maps.  Do the various general
chemistry textbooks all include the same core material?  Or are there
distinct treatments of a particular topic from the different textbooks that
have been contributed to the library?  Is the overlap/approach used in
general chemistry the same for the more advanced courses that have fewer
textbooks that have been contributed?  How much does the McMurry textbook
map have in common with the core material?  Does it overlap at all with the
material in Soderberg's text?  Reusch's text?  I don't have a clear vision
of how the various textbook maps are developed and how the different
contributed textbooks relate to the core.

Jennifer

Please do Not Reply to this Email.  Reply by going to
https://confchem.ccce.divched.org/comment/1206#comment-1206 [2] and create a
new comment or reply to an existing one.