Help for CONFCHEM Archives

CONFCHEM Archives

Subject: SDWoodgate: From a teaching perspective
From: CCCE ConfChem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 1 May 2017 16:36:25 -0500

To reply: https://confchem.ccce.divched.org/comment/1188#comment-1188 [1]

I think that the new definition of the mole will be easier to teach.  It was
always a bit of a stretch to get students to grasp that the number of
particles in a mole of substance was the in 12 g of carbon-12.  It is much
better to tell them the number.  Personally I like the term chemical amount
because we use mol in a more general way than just for substances as in kJ
per mol of reaction for enthalpy changes.

Please do Not Reply to this Email.  Reply by going to
https://confchem.ccce.divched.org/comment/1188#comment-1188 [2] and create a
new comment or reply to an existing one.